Flexible Seating In Place!

For more information about Flexible Seating in general, or for how I started it in my classroom, see HERE.

Kids working at low table and standing desks
Flexible seating worked wonderfully in my classroom this past year. This Summer I am moving to Grade 3, and changing classrooms. So the challenge is to create a whole new space for my littles. I will be teaching many of the same kids this upcoming school year, so they are experts in flexible seating. I am trying to start with as blank of a slate as possible (while still hoarding the furniture I want, lol) so that the kids can help me figure out how to set up the classroom come September.

Yesterday I was in my classroom moving stuff in after the big floor waxing, and was too disappointed to even take photos. I should have anyway, just as a starting point. The classroom itself is a bit smaller than my old one, as it has a wall that juts partially into the space due to vending machines on the other side of the wall. It has windows on only one side, instead of two, so that has both it's pros and cons. Once I go back in August I will take some "Before" pics and process pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment